Cellulite. We’re human, we have cellulite, and that’s okay. Cellulite occurs when fat deposits push through connective tissue in the skin, resulting in an “orange peel” effect.
While there are numerous treatments available claiming to vanquish those pesky dimples, the effects are almost always temporary. As long as you maintain an active lifestyle, eat nutritionally, and take care of yourself, you should notice a reduction in cellulite, however, being healthy is all that matters! Be proud of your body and the incredible things it can accomplish.
Body acceptance and positivity is a long journey, so if you’re still feeling self-conscious, don’t fret, it’s totally normal. If you’re dreading an upcoming beach day or want to feel a little more confident in your cutest denim shorts, try out these essential oils that can reduce the appearance of cellulite and ease your transition into total body acceptance! Just don’t beat yourself up too much about it, okay? Okay!
Note: When using these potent essential oils, make sure to mix with a carrier oil such as sweet almond, marula, coconut, or avocado. Aim for 1 drop of essential oil per teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Cedar wood: Distilled from the cedar wood tree, cedar wood essential oil can help soothe skin irritations and itchiness as well as guard the skin from toxins and environmental pollutants. It has firming and tightening properties that can smooth out the appearance of cellulite. Combine cedar wood with your favorite carrier oil (sweet almond or jojoba are commonly used carrier oils) and massage into the affected area.
- Geranium: Geranium smells similar to roses, which it makes it popular for aromatherapy alone. However, it is one of the best essential oils for fighting cellulite thanks to its diuretic and astringent properties. Use geranium essential to reduce cellulite and properly moisturize your skin.
- Juniper: Juniper has a long history in Bulgaria for its use in preventing illness. It is high in polyphenols and flavonoids, antioxidants that help decrease water retention.
- Cypress: Cypress essential oil improves circulation, aids in flushing toxins out of the body, and reduces fluid retention. These three elements are key in reducing cellulite. Massage the affected areas twice daily.
- Fennel:Fennel is most effective when blended with other essential oils such as cypress or rosemary. Massage fennel essential oil into your targeted areas and make sure to stay hydrated to achieve maximum results.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is known for its detoxifying and weight-loss properties. It flushes the body of toxins and smells ah-mazing.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass has been shown to have the ability to dissolve fat deposits. Combine lemongrass with cypress and your favorite carrier oil and massage for a powerful cellulite treatment.
- Rosemary: A great way to combat cellulite is to reduce lymphatic blockage. Rosemary oil helps lower lymphatic blockage by increasing the blood circulation in the body. Improved circulation is proven to reduce the appearance of lumps and dimples in the skin.
To maximize the benefits of your new essential oil routine, try pairing it with our Blueberry Pomegranate Premium Collagen to smooth dimples and plump your posterior.