Eat your vegetables, they’re good for you!
This adage is just as true for children as it is for adults. While you may have turned your nose up at dark, leafy greens in elementary school, your metabolism was at its peak while on the playground.
While it’s never at a total standstill, chances are it’s not as efficient as it used to be. Kids these days just don’t appreciate the efficacy of their metabolisms. Those pesky youths!
Here are the top 5 greens that will boost your metabolism and fight fat. Incorporate these into your diet on a daily basis and restore that extra spring in your step.
- Matcha Green Tea: You’ve probably already heard the endless list of benefits that green tea possesses but really it’s just that good. Green tea is the elixir of life and a great way to boost your metabolism on the go. Studies have proven that green tea has the ability to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate in the short term. This is thanks to its high levels of caffeine and EGCG, an antioxidant. If you use a fat burning supplement, chances are green tea is one of the main ingredients. Try an iced green tea without any classic syrup on your next Starbucks run today.
- Broccoli: People who consume large amounts of dark, leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli have shown to typically possess lower levels of visceral fat in abdomen. Broccoli contains fiber which keeps you feeling fuller longer and aids in digestion. It also contains the substance glucoraphanin which helps fine tune your metabolism and lower the levels of fat in your bloodstream.
- Collard: Collard is another superfood to be added to the grocery list, like right now. Collard has a high iron content, a mineral that is essential for maintaining metabolic functions. It is one of the most nutrient dense foods you can consume, containing over 200% of Vitamin A and 134% of Vitamin C in just one cup! It’s low energy density make it an important food to incorporate into your diet when you want to boost your metabolism and can aid weight loss.
- Spinach: The calcium in spinach is a must for anyone who is dairy-free or vegan. Spinach is a superior source for dietary magnesium. Dietary magnesium is necessary for maintaining energy and metabolism. Maintaining a steady metabolism is crucial for weight loss and fat burning.
- Wheat Grass: Wheat grass is another heavy-hitter when it comes to nutrients and weight management. Wheat grass helps regulate your blood sugar and reduces cholesterol. This directly affects your metabolism and will keep you burning calories all day long.
These greens are amazing no matter what, but it can be nearly impossible to make sure we eat enough of them on a daily basis. That’s why Nutrii has created organic supplement Super Greens + Digestion. It not only possesses superfoods to add a healthy punch to your day, it alkalizes, hydrates, and revitalizes your body.
Packaged in 20 servings per bottle to ensure absolute freshness and ultimate potency, it also aids digestion with a kickass probiotic blend made with 2 billion CFU’s (colony-forming units). Ancient medicinal herbs of turmeric and ashwaghanda reduce inflammation and help promote weight loss are also part of this phenomenal product.